Tuesday 17 January 2012

Fablehaven Series

OK, I had to do a lot of thinking as to which book I would do my first report on. In the end I decided to post on a whole series! As you probably guessed from the title of this post, it is the Fablehaven series. So here is my evaluation.

Fablehaven

Author: Brandon Mull
Books: 5
Rating: 7
Ages: 12-16
Size: large
Genre: Fantasy

This series kept me entertained for ages! I had never heard of Brandon Mull until I saw my friend with the first Fablehaven book in his hands. After borrowing and reading the 1st book, I became attached to the concept and the series.

There are 5 books in this series.  Fablehaven, Fablehaven: Rise of the Evening Star, Fablehaven: Grip of the Shadow Plague, Fablehaven: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary, and the final book, Fablehaven: Keys to the Demon Prison. The main characters, Seth and Kendra Sorenson, are taken by their parents to their grandparents house while they go on a cruise with relatives. Kendra and Seth don't know that their grandparents keep a big secret. They actually own a preserve for magical creatures called Fablehaven! With the beauty and the elegance of the preserve comes danger and hazard. When things go wrong on the preserve, Kendra and Seth have no choice but to assist the resistance against The Rise of The Evening Star, an organisation that wishes to open the demon prison Zzyzx. With the end of the world approaching, Kendra and Seth have to complete a series of impossible tasks to prepare for war.

This is, without a doubt, a fantasy lovers series. Brandon Mull does an AMAZING job at describing the scenario to the reader. Sometimes, in my opinion, too much detail. It might have just been the fact that I read every book at night...

Some very memorable characters: Hugo the golem (my personal favourite), Doren and Newel the satyrs, and Graulus.

Long series, but an intense story line. A good buy.

and now, a goodbye. (Get it? A good buy - goodbye?)

excuse my bad puns.

No comments:

Post a Comment