Sunday 26 February 2012

Brain Jack

I appologize!

I have been busy (and lazy) for over a month now and haven't written any reviews. I really needed to write a report or you'd think I'd forgotten about this blog! Well fortunately, I remmember this blog and I hope to write more reviews.

One of the weeks in my month of lazyness, I read a book. "Brain Jack" was a random pick for me. I was in chapters looking around when I saw this book and decided to give it a try. I bought the book, read it, and here is my review.

Brain Jack

Author: Brian Falkner
Books: 1
Rating: 6
Ages: 15+
Genre: Computers, Action


Sam Wilson is young hacker, extremely good at what he does. He and his friend Fargas use Sam's abilities to do as they please. Sam has the skills needed to take his entire country out, but Sam's biggest mistake, was plugging into a neuro-headset. A deadly mistake...

This is, without a doubt, a computer geek's book. Loads of techy refrences. I know I wrote 15+ for age, but if you know a lot about computers (don't kid yourself), then It would be fine. Brian Falkner actually does a very good job at simplifying the techy parts and giving the reader a visual point as a virus. This helps limit reader confusion and keep reader interest.

Brain Jack does what I like the best with regards to chapters. He makes sure that every one ends with a scenario that makes you want to continue. WARNING! If you read this book, you may never put it down!
Do not count this book out due to it's geekiness. It actually has a lot of action in it. For all you who like guns and weaponry, this book will deliver the thrill.

I wasn't quite happy with the ending of this novel. Not going to give you any spoilers, but the end is slightly unexpected. With the amount of action in this novel, am slightly dissapointed in the conclusion.

Good book, geeks unite!

No comments:

Post a Comment